- Created: Tuesday, 01 October 2013 14:47
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 16 June 2015 16:56
Local Investing - What's Happening?
SUNDAY, OCT. 6, 2013 4PM -- Little Lake Grange
"INVEST IN MAIN STREET, NOT WALL STREET"
Following up on a series of forums in 2012, WELL (Willits Economic
Localization) continues to pursue ways to build our local economy and
The format for this event will be four brief presentations followed by
"elevator speeches" from new or growing local enterprises, such as CSAs, co-ops, industrial spaces, builders and makers, food services, etc.
The four guest presenters will be:
- John Kuhry or Richard Cooper of EDFC (Economic & Development Finance Corporation), speaking about (a) a potential meat processing plant, (b) the Mendocino Broadband Alliance, and (c) bio-char proposals in the County.
- Lynn Kennely or Ron Moorhead of Willits Chamber of Commerce, discussing their Local First campaign and revitalization ideas.
- A representative of Wowser Academy talking about their "maker space" plans and progress.
- A representative from WELL speaking about our Pay It Forward fund.
The "elevator speeches" (about 3 minutes each) offer an opportunity for any upcoming or expanding local enterprise to let us know their plans and dreams. There were over a dozen such presenters at last year's Business Fair, and we hope to hear progress reports from some of them as well as new ideas and businesses coming forward. Some of these may become candidates for funding from WELL's Pay It Forward revolving loan fund. In other cases, this venue can serve to introduce private investors (or prospective employees and customers) to enterprises in which they are interested.
We hope you can attend. If you have questions or ideas to share, please email or call:
photo by Steve Eberhard,
graphic design by Marilynn Boosinger.