Proposed Agenda: Feb 9 WELL CC meeting
1. Approval of 1-12-15 Minutes
2. Review To Do list
- Status of copy machine (Tim)
- Outreach presentations ?
- Collaboration with Grange (Madge)
- Update on member renewals
3. Insurance issue (Lisa Epstein/ Madge)
4. Office Update (Kristin)
5. Report from John Jeavons event (Kimbal/ Madge)
6. Farmers Market account disbursement (Madge)
7. Plans for Mar.-Apr. event(s)
- Local Investing with John Kuhry (Madge, ?)
8. Other future events? Speakers? (Kimbal, Paul?)
9. Report on website progress (Tim, Paul)
10. Report on Herbicide Forum (Paul)
11. Article ideas for Mar.-Apr. newsletter (Madge)
Next CC Meeting: March 9 – facilitator?
Presentation by John Jeavons
February 1st, 4pm
Little Lake Grange
We are fortunate to have John Jeavons-internationally-known educator and developer of the GROW BIOINTENSIVE method of small-scale agriculture-living just up the hill here in Willits.
In a presentation at the Grange on February 1st John will encourage local gardeners to think beyond the box when planning their summer garden. He believes if we begin to grow our own calories we become more connected to our role in soil preservation and sustainable soil fertility.
It is possible to grow grains in your own backyards, says Jeavons. One example is growing flour corn or sorghum as well as potatoes. These crops give us the calories our bodies need while at the same time growing biomass for compost to feed the soil. All of this while minimizing the use of water and purchased nutrients!
John Jeavons is an inspiring speaker and is always willing to answer questions. Come learn from him at the Grange at 4:00 pm on Sunday, February 1st. This event is sponsored by Willits Economic Localization (WELL). For more information contact Madge: moc.enilnostilliwnull@gnortsm or 459-1493.